- Carinthian State Archives
The Kärntner Landesarchiv was founded in 1904. With this began the development and expansion of a central state archive. The transfer of valuable archival collections from various public and private archives to the State Archives occurred in 1974. Since 1926 up until today the office of the Kärntner Landesregierung has been the main provenance of the archive collections.
The Kärntner Landesarchiv holds archival materials within ten holdings groups, as follows: district authority (Bezirksbehörden), financial and mining authority (Finanz- und Bergbehörden), court records (Gerichtsbehörden), property tax and land survey authorities (Grundsteuer- und Vermessungsbehörden), municipal archives, federal state authority, individual records, private archives, collective stocks and state authority records.
An electronic archive information system, KLAIS has been developed so that research can be done using the Internet .
Use of the reading room is complimentary for research purposes. A reference library, microfilm-reader, as well as sound-proof cabinets are available in the reading room.
Ardey Verlag / Verband deutscher Archivare: Archive in Deutschland,Österreich und der Schweiz (2006),Österreich/online search/ http://www.landesarchiv.ktn.gv.at/214332_DE%2dUeber%5fUns%2dGeschichte.