Archiwum Państwowe w Poznaniu - Oddział w Koninie
- The State Archive in Poznan: The Konin Branch
The archive in Konin came into existence in September 1950 according to the Decree of the Minister of Education from July 21 1950 as a County State Archive in Konin. In 1976, according to the reform of state administration, the archive became a branch of Voivodship State Archive in Poznań. In 1983, according to the Act of National Archival Records and Archives, it was renamed the branch of Poznań State Archive.
Nowadays. The branch of Poznań State Archive in Konin works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
The archive in Konin possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (from 18th century),
- self-government and local administration documents (from 19th and 20th century),
- judiciary documents (courts and prosecutor's offices),
- notarial files,
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- documents of various social and economic organizations (cooperatives, industrial societes, fire brigades),
- register books of Catholic parishes,
- documents of political parties and organizations (PZPR).
Informator o zasobie archiwalnym Archiwum Państwowego w Poznaniu. Oddział w Koninie, oprac. Piotr Rybczyński, Konin 2000, 52 s.
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 8.30 - 14.30.
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.