Archiwum Państwowe w Kielcach - Oddział w Sandomierzu
- The State Archive in Kielce: The Sandomierz Branch
The archive in Sandomierz came into existence in 1950 as a branch of Kielce Voivodship State Archive. In 1951 the archive was renamed The County State Archive in Sandomierz. From 1965: the branch of Kielce State Archive. In 1976, according to the reform of state administration, the Sandomierz archive changed its status into the Tarnobrzeg Voivodship State Archive. In 1984 it it was again subordinated to the State Archive in Kielce as its local branch.
Mandates/Sources of Authority
Nowadays. The branch of Kielce State Archive in Sandomierz works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive in Sandomierz possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (the end of 19th and 20th century),
- self-government and local administration documents,
- judicial documents (courts and prosecutor's offices),
- notarial files,
- birth, marriage, and death records (catholic, orthodox, jewish),
- documents of schools,
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- documents of agriculture cooperatives,
- documents of factories (ceramic factories and glassworks),
- documents of political parties (PZPR).
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 7.30 - 15.30.
Conditions of Access
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.