Archiwum Państwowe w Łodzi - Oddział w Sieradzu
- The State Archive in Łódź: The Sieradz Branch
The archive in Sieradz came into existence in December 1950 according to the Decree of the Minister of Education from July 21 1950 as a County State Archive in Sieradz. In 1975, according to the reform of state administration, the archive became a branch of Voivodship State Archive in Łodź. In 1984, according to the Act of National Archival Records and Archives, it was renamed the branch of Łódź State Archive. In 1998 the archive took possession of its present seat.
Mandates/Sources of Authority
Nowadays. The branch of Łódź State Archive in Sieradz works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive in Sieradz possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (19th and 20th century),
- self-government and local administration documents,
- notarial files,
- birth, marriage and death records (from 19th and 20th century),
- documents of various craft guilds,
- documents of agriculture cooperatives,
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- documents of local factories.
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 9.00 - 14.30.
Conditions of Access
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.