Okresné veliteľstvo Hlinkovej gardy v Trebišove
- District Command of the Hlinka Guard in Trebišov
0,04 linear meters (1 folder), paper
The Hlinka Guard was the paramilitary organization of the Hlinka Slovak People´s Party in Slovakia. It was established in summer 1938 and it became one of the most important pillars of the new regime after the 6 October 1938 in Slovakia. It had been created according to the Nazi pattern. Even though there was an attempt to make the membership in the Hlinka Guard compulsory the HG membership was made voluntary from the end of December 1939. The Hlinka Guard became a platform for the radical wing within the ruling Hlinka Slovak People´s Party. The District Command of the Hlinka Guard (Okresné veliteľstvo Hlinkovej gardy) was a regional body of the HG with the District Commander of the HG and the staff consisting of several members in existing in the seat of each administrative district of Slovakia. It was a superior body for the lowest body withing the structure (or chain of command) of the HG, which were Local Commands of the Hlinka Guard.
No data on archival history are available.
No data on acquisition are available.
The fonds contains one folder of various documents pertaining the District Command of the Hlinka Guard in Trebišov. Besides the application forms of the members of HG it contains lists of public functionaries with the note on their membership in the HG. It also contains the Situation Report on deportation of Jews from Trebišov from May 9, 1942, written in Prešov (the seat of the County Office).
No data available.
No accruals expected.
The fonds consists of one folder of documents. It is obvious that the fonds is just a torso of original documentation.
Archival documents can be reproduced with the permission of the archive and in accordance with archive´s Research Rules (Bádateľský poriadok) as well as other internal regulations of the Ministry of Interior.
No Finding Aids.
The fonds was identified and described by Ján Hlavinka.
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0