Κοµµουνιστικό Κόµµα Ελλάδας (ΚΚΕ)
- Greek Communist Party (KKE)
- Kommounistiko Komma Elladas (KKE)
The unit of the archive of the KKE kept at ASKI (Contemporary Social History Archives) is one of their most important archival units. This unit, which corresponds to a large part of the archive of the unified Greek Communist Party (KKE), was transferred during the period of the split of 1968 to the Greek Communist Party–Interior (KKE Esoterikou), and then to the "Greek Left" party. These archival units were transferred to ASKI in 1991 and formed the initial core of the Institution’s collections.
• Congresses, conferences and plenary sessions of the KKE Central Committee (1945- 1968).
• Secret shorthand minutes of plenary sessions of the Central Committee.
• Decisions and proclamations of the Politburo (1944-1968).
• Correspondence of the Central Committee with illegal party organizations in Greece and KKE organizations in Eastern European countries. Central contact mechanisms in Western Europe (1946-1968); Relations of the KKE with the communist movements of the Eastern countries (in particular: USSR, Yugoslavia, Albania) during the years of the Civil War in Greece; Party organizations and regional governing bodies. (1942–1951).
• Memoirs and testimonies about the National Resistance.
• International relations of the KKE with almost all communist and labor parties.
• Party Schools after the Civil War. "Nikos Belogiannis" School.
• Enlightenment Committee and Publishing Department of the Central Committee (1950-1968).
• Archive Department and History Department.
• Individual executive files.
Description created by Maria Pantazi (10/10/2023)
Description based on ASKI's website: https://www.askiweb.eu/index.php/el/2015-09-21-08-28-39/2015-09-23-08-54-52
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0