Oddział Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej we Wrocławiu, Oddziałowe Biuro Udostępniania i Archiwizacji Dokumentów
- Institute of National Remembrance Branch in Wrocław - Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records
The Institute of National Remembrance - Branch in Wrocław. Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records was created in 2000.
Mandates/Sources of Authority
The Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records in Wrocław works on the ground of the Act on the Institute of National Remembrances of December 18, 1998, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.424 with changes and the Act on Reveal of Information about Secret Service's Documents from 1944-1990, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.425 with changes.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive possesses the documents of following institutions:
- Communist Secret Service (Urząd Bezpieczeństwa/Służba Bezpieczeństwa), The Frontiers Protection Troops (Wojska Ochrony Pogranicza - WOP), Military Home Affairs Service (Wojskowa Służba Wewnętrzna - WSW): records of the secret intelligencers, records of the secret operations, records of preparatory proceedings, personal records of the funcionaries, records of the passport-offices.
- Courts and public prosecutor's offices (civilian and military): records of penal and civil law-suits, records of law-suits concerning the invalidation of the sentences in political trials before 1989.
- Organizational units of the Prison Service: records of political prisoners, registers of prisoners settled in the prisons in Dolny Śląsk, the personal records of the Prison Service' funcionaries.
- Records of the former District Commissions on Investigation of Crimes against Polish Nation (Okręgowa Komisja Badania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu) in Wrocław and Opole: the files of compulsory workers' death during World War II, the German war-criminals, the letters between Commission and various people and institutions, documents are concerning Gestapo funcionaries, registers of former prisoners of Nazi prisons and concentration camps, photo-documentation of Nazi crimes into Polish and Jewish population.
- Memories and relations about German occupation, after war-period and Communist Poland (PRL), the private collections donated to the archive, the audio records of operational announcements of Security Service (SB) and ZOMO (special troops of Militia) functionaires, leaflets, posters, and various unofficial publications The collection deserving special attention is a legacy of a historian Roman Korab-Żebryk is concerning the Polish Underground State' history in Vilnius District and biograpfy of Stefan Rowecki "Grot" (Commander of the Home Army - AK).
The holdings are available in the workroom open: Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday 9.00 - 15.30, Wednesday 9.00 - 17.00.