Archiwum Państwowe w Toruniu - Oddział we Włocławku
- The State Archive in Toruń: The Włocławek Branch
The archive in Włocławek was created in 1950 as a County Branch of Bydgoszcz Voivodship Archive. In 1951 the archive was renamed The County State Archive in Włocławek. In 1976, according to the reform of state administration, the archive became again a branch of Bydgoszcz Voivodship State Archive, in 1982: a branch of Toruń State Archive.
Nowadays. The branch of Toruń State Archive in Włocławek works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
The archive in Włocławek possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (19th and 20th century),
- self-government and local administration documents,
- register books of Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant parishes and Jewish communities,
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- documents of factories (especially: sugar and paper factories),
- documents of agricultural cooperatives,
- judiciary documents (courts and prosecutor's offices),
- notarial files,
- documents of political parties (PZPR) and election commissions.
M. Gruszczyńska - Archiwum Państwowe w Toruniu. Oddział we Włocławku, w: Archiwa Państwowe w Polsce: przewodnik po zasobach, Warszawa 1998, s. 437-442.
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 8.00 - 14.30.
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.