Archiwum Państwowe w Poznaniu - Oddział w Gnieźnie
- The State Archive in Poznań: The Gniezno Branch
The archive in Gniezno came into existence in 1952 as a County State Archive. In 1976 the archive was liquidated. It was only a store of Poznań State Archive. In 1997 the archive in Gniezno was again called into being as a branch of Poznań State Archive.
Nowadays. The branch of Poznań State Archive in Gniezno works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
The archive in Gniezno possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (19th and 20th century),
- self-government and local administration documents,
- notarial files (19th and 20th century),
- documents of schools,
- judicial documents (courts and prosecutor's offices),
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- documents of agricultural and food cooperatives,
- documents of various craft guilds.
Archiwum Państwowe w Poznaniu. Oddział w Gnieźnie. Przewodnik po zasobie, oprac. Grzegorz Konieczka, Marek Szczepaniak, Grażyna Tyrchan, Gniezno 2002, 96 s.
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 8.30 - 14.30.
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.