Archiwum Państwowe w Gdańsku - Oddział w Gdyni
- The State Archive in Gdańsk: The Gdynia Branch
Mandates/Sources of Authority
Nowadays. The branch of Gdańsk State Archive in Gdynia works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive in Gdynia possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- self-government and local administration documents (after 1945),
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- documents of factories (especially: fishing and sea industry),
- judicial documents (courts),
- notarial files,
- documents of political parties and organizations (PZPR, ZMP - Polish Youth Society, "Solidarność" Trade Union).
Conditions of Access
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.