Hlavnoslúžnovský úrad v Šali II.
- Főszolgabíroi hivatal Vágsellye
6,9 linear meters, paper documents.
After the First Vienna Award (2 November 1938) Šaľa (Vágsellye) was occupied by Hungarian troops on 6 November 1938. For the next six weeks, there was a military administration introduced at the territory after which, effective of 22 December 1938, a new Ordinance No. 9930 on the administration of the ceded territory came to power. The Chief Constable´s Office in Šaľa, the office with the district competence, was established. Hungarian public administration function in Šaľa until 30 March 1945.
The fonds contains files of the Chief Constable´s Office in Šaľa (Vágsellye). The majority of files pertaining to the Jewish community consists of files pertaining to businesses, licenses and license-owners lists. The fonds also contains files pertaining to the revision of licenses of Jews, limitations of Jewish entrepreneurs, or files concerning the internment of Jews and the police surveillance. Some files reflect Jewish refugees from Slovakia. Another files concern the Jewish ghetto established in the town of Šaľa as files pertaining to the movable property of Jews that remained in this ghetto are preserved in the fonds. Besides them, there are also files concerning the confiscation of the supply of goods from the stores that belonged to Jews for the army and documents concerning the administrators of Jewish agricultural property.
No data available.
No accruals expected.
Files are arranged in chronological and numerical order.
Files can be reproduced in accordance with the rules of the source archive.
The fonds was identified and described by Marta Švolíková, translation of the description: Ján Hlavinka.
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0