Συλλογή Ιωάννης Σταθάκης
- Collection Ioannis Stathakis
- Syllogi Ioannis Stathakis
The Thessaloniki History Centre was founded in 1983. Its original title was Historical Archive of the City of Thessaloniki (Istoriko Archeio Polhs Thessalonikis). Since 1995 the Centre operates in its own building at Hippodrome Square, donated by Anastassios and Ioulia Billis.
The collection covers the period from 1916 until 1982 and concerns mainly judicial cases of Christians and Jews of Thessaloniki the lawyer Ioannis Stathakis handled. In the collection one can find documents from a) collaborators'trials, b) cases of Jews that claim their confiscated property and b) the Max Merten Trial.
Kentro Istorias Thessalonikis
English description is written by Vasilis Ritzaleos, based on a Greek finding aid ( Catalogue of Private Archives and Collections).
Date of revision: 09/05/2013