Oddziałowe Archiwum Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej w Poznaniu
- The Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Poznań
The Institute of National Remembrance - Branch in Poznań. Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records (IPN) was created in 2000. In 2016 it was renamed the Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Poznań.
The Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Poznań works on the ground of the Act on the Institute of National Remembrance of December 18, 1998, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.424 with changes and the Act on Reveal of Information about Secret Service's Documents from 1944-1990, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.425 with changes.
The archive possesses about 5 running kilometers of collections and archival founds. There are two kinds of holdings:
- The files holdings (130,6 running meters):
- General files of the former Voivodship Militia Offices (MO) in Konin, Leszno, Piła, Poznań and Zielona Góra.
- The files of cryptonyms and pseudonyms.
- The files of Militia and Security Service's (Służba Bezpieczeństwa - SB) functionaries.
- Passport's files.
- Files of the former District Commission on Investigation of Crimes against Polish Nation (Okręgowa Komisja Badania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu).
- The records holdings (about 4800 running meters). The holdings were created by the following institutions:
- Security Services in Poznań, Zielona Góra, Piła, Leszno and Konin.
- Militia in former voivodships of Poznań, Leszno, Konin, Piła and Zielona Góra (personal records of functionaries).
- The Prison Service (the register of prisoners from 40's and 50's and personal records of political prisoners (also: records of interned people during Martial Law).
- Civilian Courts and Public Prosecutor's offices (records of investigations and trials conducted against political opposition members
- Military courts and Prosecutor Offices (records of Military District Courts in Poznań and Zielona Góra in 1946-1955).
- The former District Commissions on Investigation of Crimes against Polish Nation in Poznań and Zielona Góra (the records of investigations and scientific researches concerning communist and Nazi crimes.
- The former Frontiers Protection Troops (Wojska Ochrony Pogranicza: WOP): personal records of the foreigners who stayed in PRL.
- The public administration (records of former Religious Denominations Offices (Urzędy ds. Wyznań) in Kalisz, Konin, Leszno, Piła, Poznań and Zielona Góra. The archival holdings are systematically supplied by donations of individual people (e.g: collection of documents of Polish officers murdered in Katyń).
The holdings are available in the workroom open: Monday and Wednesday-Friday 9.00-16.00, Tuesday 9.00 - 19.00.