Archiwum Państwowe w Poznaniu - Oddział w Pile
- The State Archive in Poznań: The Piła Branch
The archive in Piła came into existence in 1952 as a County State Archive. In 1976, according to the reform of state administration, the archive became the branch of Poznań Voivodship State Archive (after 1983: Poznań State Archive).
Mandates/Sources of Authority
Nowadays. The branch of Poznań State Archive in Piła works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
At first the archive was located in inadequated places: three rooms of the building of Piła County Office or in the old sched. In 2004 it was relocated to the new building on Kity street.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive in Piła possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (19th and 20th century),
- self-government and local administration documents,
- documents of schools,
- documents of customs offices (interwar period),
- documents of banks and financial institutions,
- judicial documents (courts and prosecutor's offices),
- notarial files,
- birth, marriage and death records,
- documents of agriculture cooperatives,
- documents of political parties and organizations (PZPR),
- documents of factories.
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 8.30 - 14.30.
Conditions of Access
The access is regulated by Instruiction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.