Oddział Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej w Łodzi, Oddziałowe Biuro Udostępniania i Archiwizacji Dokumentów
- Institute of National Remembrance Branch in Łódź- Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records
The Institute of National Remembrance - Branch in Łódź. Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records was created in 2000.
Mandates/Sources of Authority
The Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records in Łódź works on the ground of the Act on the Institute of National Remembrances of December 18, 1998, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.424 with changes and the Act on Reveal of Information about Secret Service's Documents from 1944-1990, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.425 with changes.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive possesses over 4200 running meters of collections and archival founds (as for June 30, 2011). There are two kinds of holdings:
- The file holdings (over 220 running meters):
- General files of Militia and Security Service (Służba Bezpieczeństwa - SB) in Łódź, Piotrków Trybunalski, Sieradz, Skierniewice and Kalisz.
- Subject files (28 running meters): file of Undreground Polish Army, file of PSL members (Polish Peasant Party), file of political and social events in Łódź Voivodship.
- Personal files of UB/SB functionaires (over 50 running meters) from the former voivodships in Łódź, Piotrków Tryb., Sieradz, Skierniewice and Kalisz.
- Archival and registration registers.
- The records holdings:
- Judicial records (courts and public prosecutor's offices) in 1939-1945 and after 1945,
- Records of Militia and Secret Services (1945-1990),
- Records of military administration,
- Records of prisons,
- Records of public administration (informations about clergy prepared by SB and delivered to the Religion Denomination Offices, records of the Voivodship Defence Committee). The archival holdings are sistematically supplemented by donations of individual people.
The holdings are available in the workroom open: Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday 9.00 - 16.00 and Wednesday 9.00 - 18.00.