Oddziałowe Archiwum Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej w Krakowie
- The Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Cracow
12 426 21 35
The Institute of National Remembrance - Branch in Cracow. Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records was created in 2000. In 2016 it was renamed the Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Cracow.
The Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Cracow works on the ground of the Act on the Institute of National Remembrance of December 18, 1998, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.424 with changes and the Act on Reveal of Information about Secret Service's Documents from 1944-1990, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.425 with changes.
The archive possesses 5700 running meters of collections and archival holdings. There are two kinds of holdings:
- The file holdings (over 400 running meters)
- operating files (over 400 running meters),
- auxiliary operating files (over 20 running meters),
- auxiliary files (over 30 running meters),
- passport files (over 250 running meters).
- The record holdings:
- civilian secret service (from Cracow, Nowy Sącz, Tarnów and Gorlice)
- military secret service,
- civilian judicial institutions (courts and public prosecutor's offices),
- military judicial institutions (military courts and public prosecution service),
- Prison Service,
- public administration (Voivodship National Councils - Wojewódzkie Rady Narodowe in Cracow, Nowy Sącz and Tarnów, Voivodship Inspectorates of Civil Defence - Wojewódzkie Inspektoraty Obrony Cywilnej in Cracow and Tarnow, and Voivodship Defence Committee - Wojewódzkie Komitety Obrony in Cracow, Nowy Sącz and Tarnów). The archival holdings are sistematically supplemented by donations of individual people.
The holdings are available in the workroom open: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8.30 - 15.45, Tuesday, Thursday 8.30 - 18.00.