Archiwum Narodowe w Krakowie - Oddział w Bochni
- The National Archive in Kraków: The Bochnia Branch
The archive in Bochnia came into existence in 1950 as a branch of Voivodship State Archive in Cracow. In1952 it was reorganized into the County State Archive (dependent to Cracow Voivodship State Archive, next: State Archive of Cracow and Cracow Voivodship). In 1976, according to the reform of state administration, the archive became the branch of Cracow Voivodship State Archive (after 1983: a branch of Cracow State Archive).
Mandates/Sources of Authority
Nowadays. The branch of Cracow National Archive in Bochnia works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
In 1975-1990 the archive was located in the part of building on Kazimierza Wielkiego street, in 1990-1998 - in the building on Proszowicka street, from 1998 - on Konstytucji 3 Maja street.
Archival and Other Holdings
The archive in Bochnia possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- records of towns and villages (19th and 20th century),
- self-government and local administration documents,
- documents of schools,
- documents of various social organizations (cultural, artistic, sports),
- judicial documents,
- register books of catholic parishes,
- documents of political parties and organizations (PZPR, FJN - National Unity Front).
The archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday-Friday 9.00 - 15.00.
Conditions of Access
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.