Oddziałowe Archiwum Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej w Białymstoku
- The Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Białystok
The Institute of National Remembrance - Branch in Białystok. Branch Office for Preservation and Dissemination of Archival Records was created in 2000. In 2016 it was renamed the Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Białystok.
The Branch Archive of the Institute of National Remembrance in Białystok works on the ground of the Act on the Institute of National Remembrance of December 18, 1998, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.424 with changes and the Act on Reveal of Information about Secret Service's Documents from 1944-1990, Journal of Law (Dziennik Ustaw) 07.63.425 with changes.
The archive of Białystok branch of Institute of National Remembrance (Instytut Pamięci Narodowej - IPN) possesses over 3 running kilometers of records. The core of holdings are documents of Białystok branch of Polish Secret Service (UOP/ABW), passport records from the Voivodship Police Offices in Białystok and Olsztyn (and local branches), the District Prison Service Offices in Olsztyn and Białystok, courts and public prosecutor's offices of Białystok appeal district. The archive possesses the following kinds of documents:
- records from investigations concerning of Nazi crimes in Białystok region.
- records of Security Office/Security Service (Urząd Bezpieczeństwa/Służba Bezpieczeństwa - UB/SB) from 1944 to 1990,
- administrative records of Militia (MO) (instructions, analysis, orders of superiors, statistics),
- personal records of the functionaries of communist secret services,
- judicial documents (fragments of records of various political trials from 70' and 80'),
- records of the "Solidarność" activists interned during the Martial Law.
The holdings are available in the workroom open: Monday 9.00 - 17.00 and Tuesday-Friday 9.00 - 15.00.