Državni arhiv u Slavonskom Brodu
- The State Archive in Slavonski Brod
Geographical and Cultural Context
The first Jewish family moved to Slavonski Brod in 1868. In the 1870s there were 16 families. In 1873 a "general meeting" took place, chaired by Jacob Bauer, and the Jewish Council was founded. On March 20, 1899, the rules of the community were confirmed, in German and Croatian. Rules from 1909 were written only in Croatian. Jews initially assembled in rented premises in town, and then in the home of Jacob Kohn (Emperor Francis Joseph Street 8), chairman of the community, which they later bought. Presidents of the municipality were: Alfred Goldberg, Dr. Mile Polak, Armin Buger and Josp Abramović.
8.00 -14.00 (weekdays)