Зональный государственный архив в г. Бобруйске
- Regional State Archive in Bobruysk
- Bobruisk Zonal State Archives
- Zonalnyi Gosudarstvennyi Arkhiv v g. Bobruyskie
The Archive was founded as the State Archives of Bobruisk Region on December 5, 1944.
In 1954, following the liquidation of the Bobruisk region the Archives was reorganized as the Bobruisk Municipal State Archives.
In November 1963 the Bobruisk municipal archive was consolidated with the Bobruisk, Glusk, Kirov, Klichev and Osipovichi district archives into the Branch of the State Archives of Mogilev Region in Bobruisk.
On March 1, 1996 the Branch was renamed as the Zonal State Archive in Bobruisk. On 13 February 2007 the Zonal State Archive in Bobruisk was turned into the Bobruisk Zonal State Archive.
Amount of holdings: 961 fonds, 227 660 items
Chronological scope: 1918 - 1941, 1944 - 2006
Geographical coverage: abolished Bobruisk okrug (district), abolished Bobruisk region, Bobruisk, Glusk, Kirov, Klichev and Osipovichi districts in the Mogilev region
Contents: The Archive holds records illustrating the economic and social developments in the region. Records from 1918 to 1941 are represented in a small number of fonds and files, mainly the personnel records.
The fonds of educational institutions contain wage sheets, lists of students, school certificates and transcripts, personal files of school teachers.
The fonds of the district social welfare division for 1924-1927 contain files with applications for retirement pension received from the residents of the Bobruisk district.
Data on the use and assignment of land, the allotment of land to agricultural associations and the Jewish population, the registration of agricultural artels are held in the fonds of the district land division for 1920-1930 and the district commission for 1927-1929.
The fonds of the district and finance divisions for 1918-1919 and the finance division of the Bobruisk District Executive Committee of the Council of Workers, Peasants and Red Army Soldiers' Deputies for 1918-1930 contain files on income taxes, lists of individuals liable to extraordinary revoulutionary taxes, lists and data concerning the owners of bank accounts and deposits.
The fonds of the Bobruisk District Administration for Population Evacuation for the period 1920-1922 contain lists and data on the movement of refugees, cards and certificates of the prisoners of war, lists of the Lithuanian, Latvian and Polish refugees sent to Minsk on their way back to their home country.
The documentary materials from 1944 to 2002 illustrate the restoration and development of the region. These are held in the fonds of government authorities (the Bobruisk Regional Executive Committee, the district, municipal and village councils of deputies and their executive committees); committees for public control; the regional, municipal and district planning commissions; the district statistics divisions; the industrial, agricultural and construction institutions; the finance and taxation agencies; institutions in the field of trade, purchase, supply, communal and consumer services; education institutions; cultural organizations (the Mogilev Regional Dunin-Martsinkevich Theatre of Drama and Comedy, musical school, etc.), mass media, healthcare, courts, prosecutor's, the municipal and district labour organizations.
Of especial value are the documents of the Bobruisk Regional Commission for Assistance to the Extraordinary State Commission on Nazi Crime and Damage in the Bobruisk Region and the Division for Repatriation and Resettlement at the Bobruisk Regional Executive Committee. These fonds contain data on Nazi crimes and damage inflicted on the towns of Bobruisk, Osipovichi, and Slutsk and the districts of Bobruisk, Gresk, Kopyl, Liuban, Osipovichi, Starobin, Starye Dorogi, Kirov, Krasnaia Sloboda, Oktiabrsk, Parichi, Klichev, Glusk and Slutsk, data on mass executions, lists of those sent to work in Germany and those who returned back, the commission's reports, a photograph album illustrating the destructions in the town of Bobruisk.
There are 5 small collections of the liquidated collective farms that operated in the Bobruisk, Glusk, Kirov, Klichev and Osipovichi districts in the period from 1944 to 1950. There is a collection of documentary materials concerning the personnel of various institutions in the Bobruisk, Glusk, Klichev and Osipovichi districts (in all, 868 files for 1944-1960). In addition, there is a collection of small-sized personal fonds (in all, 38 storage units) relating to the participants in the Revolutionary movement, the Great Patriotic War, and the honorary people in the region.
Monday through Friday 8:00-17:00
YV/ClaimsCon'06/online search http://archives.gov.by/eng/index.php?id=579334