Provinciaal Archief Limburg
- Provincial Archive Limburg
The Limburg Provincial Archive supports the operation of the provincial administration by managing all documents drawn up or received by the policy bodies and the various administrative services of the provincial administration.
The files not only have an administrative value, but are also culturally and historically important. They illustrate countless facets of the history of the province of Limburg and its municipalities during the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.
The Limburg Provincial Archive preserves various types of documents from the provincial bodies and institutions, including:
• documents of a general nature, such as:
- the minutes of the meetings of the provincial council
- the minutes of the meetings of the deputation
- the budget and bill of the provincial government
- the Administrative Journal of the province of Limburg
- the discourse of the provincial government
• documents of a special nature, such as the administrative files of the provincial services and institutions
• documents relating to the tasks entrusted, such as the administrative supervision of local authorities, the maps and files of local roads, the permit files for certain companies, etc.
In addition to the administrative documents, some files contain posters, plans, press clippings, photos or other documents.
Inventories for the Provincial Archive Limburg can be found here:
The Provincial Administration's office is open every working day from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The Provincial Archive is only accessible by appointment via the institution's contact form:
The Provincial Archive Limburg website consulted on 19/07/2019
Pierre-Alain Tallier (dir.), Gertjan Desmet & Pascale Falek-Alhadeff, Sources pour l'histoire des populations juives et du judaïsme en Belgique/Bronnen voor de geschiedenis van de Joden en het Jodendom in België, 19de-21ste eeuw, Brussel, ARA-AGR/Avant-Propos, 2016, 1,328 p.