Zemplínska župa II. Okupované územie
- Zemplín County II. Occupied territory
Extent and Medium
1938 - 1944
According to the First Vienna Award, southern parts of the historical Zemplín County, which formerly belonged to interwar Czechoslovakia, inhabited by approximately 55,000 people were annexed by the Hungarian Kingdom. This specific region consisted of two former Czechoslovak districts (the Medzibodrožský and the Veľké Kapušany District), as well as more than 20 localities that were attached to the Hungarian District of Sátoraljaújhely. About 3,500 Jewish residents lived in the region. The largest community was the Jewry of Kráľovský Chlmec of more than 800 Jewish inhabitants.
Scope and Content
The fonds contains archival materials from the territory of historical Zemplín County which was annexed by the Hungarian Kingdom in 1938. It documents the anti-Jewish measures and various forms of persecution of the Jewish population taking place in the period between 1939 and 1944. These documents concern mainly the property of Jewish population, applications for citizenships and the arization of Jewish property.
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Reproduction
It is possible to make copies in accordance with the research rules of the archive.
Printed inventory is available in the Researchers room of the archive. Inventory was made in 1988.
The fonds was described by Veronika Szeghy-Gayer. Description edited by Martin Posch.
Rules and Conventions
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0