Abovsko-turnianska župa II.
- Abov-Turňa County II.
Extent and Medium
36 boxes, papers.
According to the First Vienna Award, the northern part of Abov-Turňa County was annexed to the Hungarian Kingdom. The seat of the county was Košice. The overwhelming majority of the county's Jewish population lived in Košice, but another 1500 Jews inhabited the localities of Tornaľa, Turňa nad Bodvou and Čaňa. The southern part of the county was inhabited by another 4000 Jewish residents. The majority of the Abov-Turňa Jewry was in May 1944 concentrated in the ghetto and in the brickyard of Košice, later deported to Auschwitz-Birkenau.
Scope and Content
The fonds contains archival materials from the whole territory of Abov-Turňa County. It preserves documents on the various forms of anti-Jewish measures and persecution of the Jewish population taking place in the countryside the the Abov-Turňa County. These documents concern mainly the property of the Jewish population and the aryanization of the property of Jewish tradesmen.
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Reproduction
It is possible to make copies in accordance with the research rules of the archive.
Printed inventory is available in the Researchers room of the archive. Inventory was made in 1981.
The fonds was described by Veronika Szeghy-Gayer. Description edited by Martin Posch.
Rules and Conventions
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0