Mestský úrad v Brezne
- Municipality Office in Brezno
105 boxes, plus books
The Municipality Office in Brezno was established on January 1, 1923. It ceased to exist on January 31, 1945. The fonds contains the documents of the Municipality office, reflecting the activities of Municipality Council, Municipality Assembly and the Mayor. Since the Notary Office in Brezno which was responsible for the state matters at the territory of the town, was also part of the Municipality office, this collection is important for the research of anti-Jewish measures on the territory of the town of Brezno.
The fonds contains documents of the Municipality office in Brezno. These include various documents pertaining to the Jews living in Brezno nad Hronom including documents on anti-Jewish measures in the town such as list of Jewish doctors in Brezno from 1939, list of Jews who possess passports, documents pertaining the dissolution of Jewish associations in the town. Other documents pertain to the orders of the commander of temporary district labor camp for Jews, list of administrators of Jewish real estate property or documents pertaining to the evaluation of Jewish real estate property. Some documents pertain to the imprisonment of Jews in the labor camps, census of Jews in the town, or storage of expropriated Jewish movable property.
The fonds is quite well preserved. The presidium files are in chronological and numerical order. The administrative files are in the topic order. The agricultural department´s files are kept separately and so are the financial documents. The fonds was processed and sorted according to the original order.
Printed inventory, Mestský úrad v Brezne 1929-1945, Author: V. Štulrajterová, 1976.
The fonds was identified and described by Ján Hlavinka
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0