Союз еврейской молодежи "Ринг" (г. Берлин)
- Bund Judischer Jugend "Ring"; Union of German Jewish Youth "Ring" (Berlin)*
- Soiuz evreiskoi molodezhi "Ring" (g. Berlin)
The Union of German Jewish Youth was established in 1933 upon the merger of several youth organizations, some of which belonged to the Central Association of German Citizens of the Jewish Faith. Its name was changed to "Ring" at the order of the Nazi authorities in 1936. "Ring" defined itself as an association of "young people, German by culture and place of birth, and Jewish by origin and creed." Adhering to anti-Zionist views, the union urged its members either to stay and live in Germany or emigrate — but not to Palestine. The union's use of uniforms and symbolism similar to those of the Hitlerjugend led to its being shut down by the Nazi authorities in 1937.
The collection's contents are catalogued in one inventory. The inventory is arranged by document type. The collection includes the "Ring" union charter; circular letters of the union and its local chapters for 1933-36; lists of union members; the program of the 5th conference of the Association of Jewish Youth Societies in Germany, held in Düsseldort appeals by Jewish youth organizations on the holding of charity events; the Montefiore Jewish youth organization's plan of operation for 1925-26; correspondence with union members and local chapters on organizing lectures and submitting reports, on training local chapter leaders and admitting new members, and on financial issues; and correspondence with the Union of Jewish War Veterans, in Berlin, on cooperation (1934). There are also documents of the local Mannheim chapter of the union, informational bulletins of the Union of German Jewish Youth and the Fortrupp union for 1935, clippings from German newspapers on the activities of Jewish youth organizations, and samples of Jewish youth organizations' flags, emblems, and badges.
Nazi-Looted Jewish Archives in Moscow. A guide to Jewish Historical and Cultural Collections in the Russian State Military Archive, ed. by D. E. Fishman, M. Kupovetsky, V. Kuzelenkov, Scranton - London 2010.
Microfilms are held by the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Archives.
Entry selected by Krzysztof Tyszka from the book “Nazi-Looted Jewish Archives in Moscow. A guide to Jewish Historical and Cultural Collections in the Russian State Military Archive”, ed. by D. E. Fishman, M. Kupovetsky, V. Kuzelenkov
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0