Nyilas Képviselőház, 1944-1945 (Sopron)
- The Arrow Cross Parliament, 1944-1945 (Sopron)
1 fasc., 1 vols., 0,053 linear metres
After the botched attempt of Regent Miklós Horthy in mid-October 1944 to switch sides in the war, power in Hungary was taken over by the Arrow Cross who committed the country to the war effort on the side of Nazi Germany. The military situation deteriorated further for the Axis powers and by November the Arrow Cross leadership decided to move its seat westward from Budapest to the Hungarian-Austrian border area. The central offices of the leadership moved to Kőszeg while the sessions of the rump parliament were held in Sopron where they operated until March 1945. This collection contains documents of the Parliament composed of Arrow Cross members and other extreme rightist that held its sessions in Sopron in the last stages of the war. The minutes of the sessions of the Parliament are included and contain information on planned laws, discussions of personnel and related debates.
The organization of the material reflects the way it was originally created and is therefore chronological.
Description was prepared by Ferenc Laczó.
EHRI Guidelines for Description v.1.0