Landrat (District Councillor) of Ústí nad Labem
Extent and Medium
65 linear meters
In 1955 The District Archives Ústí nad Labem transferred the fonds to the State District Archives Litoměřice. Originally the Landrat registry office was stored in the building of the Landrat office, but it was transferred in 1949 and part of it moved under The District Archives Ústí nad Labem. Later the fonds were transferred again to the State District Archives Litoměřice. Here it was arranged and inventoried. As part of delimitation process fonds was returned once again to the District Archives Ústí nad Labem and also became part of the Ústí nad Labem Town Archives in 1986. Further documents which were added and are unarranged.
Scope and Content
The fonds contains the documents of the state and municipal administration within the scope of the Ústí nad Labem district. It is a valuable source of information for the history of the occupied border region and the persecution of the population between 1938 and 1945. Information on the lives of the Jewish population is found in following documents: the ban on residence of Polish Jews 1939 (box 17), the implementing regulation of the Reich Civil Code – exclusion of Jews from trade 1939-1942 (box 81), the confiscation of Jewish and Czech property 1939 (box 156), the sale of Czech and Jewish property 1939-1940 (box 156), Jews, anti-Jewish demonstrations 1938 – 1944 (box 156), directive of the designation of Jews, Jewish cultural matters, police regulations for Jews, Jewish cemeteries 1938-1944 (box 165).
System of Arrangement
The fonds is organised according to the file schemefor state administration and the file schemefor municipal administrationas follows: state administration, municipal administration, cash book, economic office, rationing office. Fonds contains 460 boxes and 117 books and 32 linear metersof unarranged material.
DÖRFLOVÁ J.-KOHLERT R.-JANOUŠEK P., Landrát Ústí nad Labem 1939 – 1945. Inventář, 1959, 81 s., ev.č. 13
This archival description was created by the Jewish Museum in Prague in the framework of the cooperation between EHRI and the Yerusha project.