Židovská náboženská obec Olomouc

Identifier
COLLECTION.JMP.ARCHIVE/101
Language of Description
Czech
Dates
1850-1944
Level of Description
Fonds
Languages
  • Czech
  • German
  • Hebrew
Source
EHRI Partner

Extent and Medium

9,49 Meter

Creator(s)

Biographical History

Středověké židovské osídlení Olomouce, zmiňované již ve 12. století, zaniklo po vypovězení židů r. 1454. Novodobá židovská obec vznikla ve 2. polovině 19. století. V r. 1865 byl založen modlitební spolek, který se změnil v r. 1892 na samostatnou židovskou náboženskou obec. Po 2. světové válce byla ŽNO obnovena, existuje dodnes (v letech 1962 – 1991 pouze jako synagogální sbor v rámci ŽNO Ostrava).

Acquisition

Archiválie se dostaly do židovského muzea v Praze za druhé světové války v rámci svozů historicky cenných předmětů a písemností zrušených židovských náboženských obcí Čech a Moravy.

Scope and Content

Fond obsahuje stanovy ŽNO, včetně změn (1865, 1892–1937), zápisy ze schůzí, podací protokoly, volební spisy, personální spisy, evidenci členů, finanční agendu, spisy týkající se výuky náboženství, stavby synagogy, zboření synagogy, knihy hazkarot a písemnosti pohřebního bratrstva a dalších židovských spolků a institucí. Běžná agenda byla vedena až do roku 1940. Kromě toho fond obsahuje menší celek spisů z let 1940 – 1944, které odrážejí nacistickou rasovou perzekuci. Jedná se o záznamy z jednání s olomouckým gestapem, korespondenci ŽNO a spisy týkající se vystěhovalectví a odevzdání majetku.

System of Arrangement

Fond je zpracován, ale není inventarizován.

Conditions Governing Reproduction

Fond je přístupný bez omezení.

Finding Aids

  • Dolista K. – Heřman J., Židovská náboženská obec Olomouc 1850 - 1944, Prozatímní inventární seznam, 1971, 13 s., ev. č. 101.

Process Info

  • Archives of the Jewish Museum in Prague

Places

Jewish Religious Community of Olomouc

Identifier
COLLECTION.JMP.ARCHIVE/101
Language of Description
English
Dates
1850-1944
Level of Description
Fonds
Languages
  • Czech
  • German
  • Hebrew
Source
EHRI Partner

Extent and Medium

9,49 Meter

Creator(s)

Biographical History

A medieval Jewish settlement in Olomouc is documented from as early as the 12th century. It was disbanded after the expulsion of the Jews in 1454. A Jewish community was founded there in the second half of the 19th century. A prayer association was founded in 1865, becoming an independent Jewish religious community in 1892. The community was re-established after the Second World War and exists to this day (from 1962–1991 as a synagogue congregation as part of the Jewish Religious Community of Ostrava).

Acquisition

The documents were taken to the Jewish Museum as part of the wartime shipment of artefacts and documents from Jewish Religious Communities liquidated during the WWII.

Scope and Content

This fonds contains the community's statutes including amendments (1865, 1892–1937), meeting minutes, protocol registers, election records, personnel records, membership registration, financial files, records concerning the teaching of religion, the construction and demolition of the synagogue, books of hazkarot, burial society records and the records of other Jewish associations and institutions. The community kept routine administrative files until 1940. In addition, the fonds contains a small collection of documents from 1940–1944 relating to the racial persecution of the Jewish population. This includes meeting minutes of Gestapo and Jewish Community representatives in Olomouc, community correspondence, and records concerning the emigration and the surrendering of property.

System of Arrangement

The fond is processed, but not inventoried yet.

Conditions Governing Reproduction

The fonds is accessible with no restriction.

Finding Aids

  • Dolista K. – Heřman J., Židovská náboženská obec Olomouc 1850 - 1944, Prozatímní inventární seznam, 1971, 13 s., ev. č. 101.

Process Info

  • Archives of the Jewish Museum in Prague

Places