Deutsche Ansiedlungsgesellschaft (German Settlement Company) – Branch in Karlovy Vary
5,40 linear meters
Probably at the end of 1948 the fonds was transferred to the State Agricultural Archives in Horšovský Týn. In 1952-1953, it was taken over by the Central Agro-Forestry Archives and placed into its depository in Sázava. After the abolishment of the Archives the fonds was probably taken over by the Central State Archives, from which it was transferred to the Klatovy branch of the State Archives in Plzeň. In 2009 it was transferred to the Klášter branch of the State Regional Archives in Plzeň.
The fonds includes archival records resulting from the activities of the Karlovy Vary branch of the German Settlement Company. The fonds is not inventoried nor arranged. Given the nature of the office one can find archive records related to the Jewish population, and especially to its land property, throughout the entire fonds. The fonds mainly includes official correspondence, reports on the management of farms, accounting records, settlement maps and land sheets and extracts thereof.
The fonds is not arranged and there are no finding aids created for it. It is thematically categorized, but only very roughly. The content of individual boxes can only be deduced from the inscriptions on them. They primarily contain correspondence, management reports, accounting documents, settlement maps and land sheets.
The documents in the fonds are accessible only with special permission.
This archival description was created by the Jewish Museum in Prague in the framework of the cooperation between EHRI and the Yerusha project.