Landrat (District Councillor) of Jablonec nad Nisou
Extent and Medium
25,32 linear meters
The fonds contains records arising from the activities of the Landrat (district councillor), which were kept in the registry office. After May 1945 the records were gradually appraised and a number of them were destroyed. In 1952 the records of the District National Committee and the remainder of the Landrat records were relocated to the town hall building. Some of these records were acquired by the District Archives Jablonec, probably in 1955, and the remainder were sent to the then State Archives Jablonec in 1959. The latter group of records was inventoried in February 1960 and transferred to the district archives a few years later, where the two sets of Landrat records were put together. The Landrat records were rearranged and inventoried in 1997.
Scope and Content
The fonds contains records of the state authority and of the self-government of the Jablonec nad Nisou district (1938–1945). Jews are referred to directly in inventory records relating to the following: Jewish property – debts (Inv. No. 246) and Jewish and pro-Jewish charity foundations (Inv. No. 247). Also worthy of attention are records in the following groups: district and Landrat – situation reports (Inv. No. 9); communities – matters concerning individual communities (Inv. No. 23) and planning – housing censuses by minicipality (Inv. No. 222). The construction-related records include construction documents for buildings in sub-camps of the Gross-Rosen Concentration Camp: Rychnov–Getewent (Inv. No. 174) and Rýnovice–FAB (Inv. No. 176).
System of Arrangement
The fonds is arranged thematically and the files are further divided into groups.
PADRTA F., Landrát Jablonec nad Nisou. Inventář, 1997, 34 s., ev. č. 525.
This archival description was created by the Jewish Museum in Prague in the framework of the cooperation between EHRI and the Yerusha project.