Зональный государственный архив в городе Лида
- Regional State Archives in Lida
- Zonal State Archives in Lida
- Zonalnyi Gosudarstvennyi Arkhiv v Gorode Lide
The Archives was established on November 11, 1963 as the Branch of the State Archives of Grodno Region in the town of Lida on the basis of the abolished municipal archives in Lida and the abolished district archives in Voronovo, Ivie, Lida, Ostrovets, Oshmiany and Smorgon archives.
In February 1996 the Archives received its present name of the Zonal State Archives in Lida.
Archival and Other Holdings
Amount of holdings: 1.495 fonds, 171.233 items
Chronological scope: from 1944 to the present (certain records from 1940 and 1941)
- abolished Radun district of the Grodno region
- abolished Iuratishki district of the abolished Molodechno region
- Voronovo, Ivie, Lida, Ostrovets, Oshmiany and Smorgon districts of the Grodno region
Contents: The main bulk of the archive’s holdings are records created by local authorities and institutions that illustrate the social, political and economic life in the region. Besides, the Archives holds personnel records of various institutions.
Of the most interesting are the following materials (grouped mainly by the date of the events mentioned in the records).
1940 and 1941:
- Personnel records created by the educational divisions of the executive committees of the municipal and district workers’ deputies councils in Lida (in all, 38 files)
From 1941 to 1944:
- Records on the inhabitants of Lida killed by the Nazis in the years 1941-1944 (fonds of the executive committees of local councils)
From 1944 to the present:
- On the restoration and developments in economics (fonds of the executive committees of local councils)
- On the social and political life in the region, and on the citizens groundlessly repressed in the post-war years (fonds of the executive committees of local councils)
- On the collectivization and the creation of collective farms and cooperative associations (fonds of the local councils, collective farms and other institutions)
- On the development of agricultural machine-building, chemistry, light, food and other industries, on the establishment of new factories and the reconstruction of old industrial enterprises, etc. (fonds of the town and district executive committees, and of various industrial enterprises)
- On planning, financing, accounting and statistics (fonds of the town and district planning commissions, finance and statistics divisions)
- On town building, construction and reconstruction (fonds of architectural and construction institutions)
- On the development of Socialist competition (fonds of labour organizations)
- On the development of public education, culture, healthcare, and social welfare (fonds of social and cultural institutions)
- On the activities of the prosecutor’s and people’s courts
Finding Aids, Guides, and Publication
Several catalogs available
Mon-Fri 8.00 - 17.00; Reference Desk Mon-Fri 8.00 - 17.00; Reading Room Mon-Fri 8.00 - 17.00
online search http://archives.gov.by/eng/index.php?id=270150