Archiwum Państwowe w Piotrkowie Trybunalskim
- The State Archive in Piotrków Trybunalski
The State Archive in Piotrków Trybunalski was created in 1919. In 1951 it was renamed the County State Archive, and in 1953-1975 it worked as a branch of the State Archive in Łodź. In 1975, according to the reform of the state administration, the archive became independent institution named Voivodship State Archive (in 1984 renamed State Archive) in Piotrków Trybunalski.
Nowadays. The State Archive in Piotrków Trybunalski works on the ground of the Act on National Archival Records and Archives of July 14, 1983, Journal of Law, (Dziennik Ustaw) No 38, 1983.07.19 with later changes.
In the beginning the archive was located in the basement of the court building at Kaliska street (magasines) and in the private house at Bykowska street (ofice). In 1939 it was relocated to the building at Toruńska street and remained there.
The archive in Piotrków Trybunalski possesses the following kinds of holdings:
- self-government and local administration documents (after 1945),
- documents of schools,
- notarial files (from 19th and 20th century),
- documents of various craft guilds,
- register books of Catholic and Protestant parishes and Jewish communities.
- documents of political parties and organizations (PZPR).
The State Archive's holdings are available in the workroom open Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8.00 - 15.00, Tuesday, Thursday 8.00 - 18.00.
The access is regulated by Instruction No. 4 of the Head Office of State Archives in Poland, dated February 1, 2013.