Ιστορικό Αρχείο της Ιεράς Συνόδου της Εκκλησίας της Ελλάδος
- The Historic Archive of the Holy Synod of the Church of Greece
- Istoriko Archeio tis Ieras Synodou tis Ekklisias tis Ellados
Region of Attika
The Church of Greece was declared autocephalous in 1833. The organization and operation of the Bureau of Historical Archives essentially began in 1995. In December 2013, the regulation of the "Historic Archive of the Church of Greece" was published in the Official Government Gazette.
The holdings of the Historical Archive of the Holy Synod of the Greek Church include Patriarchic Volumes, Patriarchic and Synodic Letters, Minutes of the Perpetual Holy Synod of the Church of Greece (from the year 1833), Minutes of the Hierarchy of the Church of Greece (from the year 1920).
Because of the ongoing digitization's programme the Arcive will be closed for the researchers until the end of 2015.
According to the regulation of the Historic Archive of the Church of Greece, the archival holdings are partially available to researchers.
A research room is available for researchers.
Restrictions on reproduction.
Date of creation: 01/02/2014.
The description is written by Vasilis Ritzaleos based on information provided by the Archives and colleagues.